[erlang-questions] sharing config via a dynamically compiled module?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Wed Oct 25 15:55:51 CEST 2017

Hello,

> On 25 Oct 2017, at 16.27, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>  It seems lot of people are using ets to share a config generally. Maybe becauseit feels a little hackish ?

The usage of code-as-a-config is “valid” approach. I’ve used that for some project. However, the reloading of config is something to consider. You need to use code:purge(…) and take all pain associated with it. The code-as-a-config works as build time config but runtime config is easy with build-in application:get_env…

- Dmitry