[erlang-questions] Erlang 19.3 crashes when getting sockname of stdin

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Tue Oct 17 13:19:53 CEST 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On 17/10/17 4:51 AM, Lukas Larsson wrote:
>
> Note that even this approach is not future proof as it assumes that tcp
>> connection are ports. Something which we are planning to change in the
>> future.
>>
> Would you care to say more about this?

We are planning to rewrite a lot of functionality in erts that today uses
linked-in driver to use nifs instead. We have already re-written the zlib
driver, we are in the process of re-writing the efile driver and are
planning to rewrite the inet driver in the future.