[erlang-questions] WX not working!

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Wed Oct 11 10:28:38 CEST 2017

Here are my vagrant shell-provisioning scripts for Erlang pre-reqs on
Ubuntu 16.04:

install-erlang-prerequisites.sh

#!/bin/sh

# I'm assuming that build-essential is required; it's hard to tell, because
# Vagrant on VirtualBox installs a bunch of compiler-type stuff in order to
# upgrade the Guest Additions.
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential     # assumed

# These will result in the build failing if they're not present.
sudo apt-get -y install autoconf m4         # ./otp_build: autoconf: not found
sudo apt-get -y install libssl-dev          # No usable OpenSSL found
sudo apt-get -y install libncurses5-dev     # configure: error: No
curses library functions found

# I'd consider this one "essential", because you need it to make observer work.
sudo apt-get -y install libwxgtk3.0-dev     # wxWidgets not found, wx
will NOT be usable

install-erlang-optional-prerequisites.sh

#!/bin/sh

# I consider these "optional", because I've never noticed them missing.
sudo apt-get -y install default-jdk         # jinterface     : No Java
compiler found
sudo apt-get -y install unixodbc-dev        # odbc           : ODBC
library - link check failed

# These are for the documentation.
sudo apt-get -y install xsltproc fop libxml2-utils

I've tested these with Erlang/OTP 19.3.x; not with 20.x (yet).

(forgot to cc the list, apologies to Mike for the duplicate...)