[erlang-questions] System getting hang after running normal recursion program

Dominic Morneau dmorneau@REDACTED
Mon Oct 9 05:12:38 CEST 2017

To add to the other replies, you can also set a heap size limit and have
the VM kill your process if it grows too much:

1> erlang:process_flag(max_heap_size, 10000000).
#{error_logger => true,kill => true,size => 0}
2> Start = fun Start(N) -> N * Start(N - 1) end.
#Fun<erl_eval.30.99386804>
3> Start(1).

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Oct-2017::11:59:38 ===
     Process:          <0.64.0>
     Context:          maximum heap size reached
     Max Heap Size:    10000000
     Total Heap Size:  15420698
     Kill:             true
     Error Logger:     true
     GC Info:          [{old_heap_block_size,5157867},
                        {heap_block_size,11347307},
                        {mbuf_size,0},
                        {recent_size,1308970},
                        {stack_size,1084478},