[erlang-questions] ssh_sftp start_channel function call is getting failed
Wed Oct 4 08:09:02 CEST 2017
We are running a distributed system with one server node and hundreds of
client nodes(the systems are distributed over the intra-net). We have a
requirement that all the client nodes will connect to the server node
and try to download some file(mostly the same file will be accessed by
all client nodes) *simultaneously* by using *sftp. *The steps we follow
for downloading the file is:
1. Establish ssh sftp connection between the server node and client node
using ssh_sftp:start_channel/2 function call.
2. Then reads the file by doing ssh_sftp:read_file/2 function call.
The problem what we are facing is that when the number of clients are
more then it is observed that few client nodes are failing to establish
connection between server node. i.e. the ssh_sftp:start_channel/2
function call is failing.
Can somebody please explain me;
1. Is there any limitation for the number of sftp session what we can
establish in a single system ?
2. What are the possible reason because of which the connection request
3. Is there anything wrong we are doing in this approach ?
4. Is there any better solution by which we can guarantee that all
client nodes will be able to connect to server and will be able to
download the file.
*Observation:* We tried to connect 25 client nodes to the server; during
the first try only 2 nodes failed to connect and on the second try 5
nodes failed to connect. Why this random behavior ?.
Thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions