[erlang-questions] xqerl (pronounced squirrel)

Zachary N. Dean contact@REDACTED
Thu Nov 16 19:30:57 CET 2017

Hello world!!
�� I’m currently working on a project that needs some community input (https://github.com/zadean/xqerl). (… see what I did there with the "xq"erl)?
It is an XQuery processor implemented in Erlang. That is… XQuery compiled to BEAM.
I know, I know… a query language in Erlang??? XML??? Why?!!!  Well, XQuery 3.1 is a functional language with all/most the bells-and-whistles (higher-order functions, maps/arrays, etc.), so I figured it fit, and I’d give it a go.
It’s rough around the edges (and most-likely in the middle) - I know that - therefore, it has a lot of room to grow and improve. I’ve been doing everything myself, and have honestly never worked in an Erlang shop, so any advice or tips from the experts is more than welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Zack