[erlang-questions] Fwd: About a multicore benchmark

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri Nov 10 08:08:59 CET 2017

Hello,

The parallel implementation of Factorial algorithm has been studies for a while.

http://swvist.github.io/09-13-2012-naive_parallel_factorial_in_erlang.html <http://swvist.github.io/09-13-2012-naive_parallel_factorial_in_erlang.html>
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34978236/parallelizing-factorial-calculation <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34978236/parallelizing-factorial-calculation>

This algorithm would not give you a representative benchmark vs Python. I am afraid that any math problem would be weaker in Erlang unless you implement it as NIF. You need to design benchmark strategy according to your use-cases.

Best Regards,
Dmitry