[erlang-questions] Tracking progress of mnesia start

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Mon Mar 6 16:38:23 CET 2017

Hello!

I'd like to provide feedback to the user when mnesia is started in out
application (something like "4 out of 16 tables loaded"). My first
idea was to mnesia:subscribe for events, but I can subscribe only
after mnesia is started, so I might miss some tables. My second idea
is to turn on debugging, add an event module (both via setting
environment values). It kind of works, I receive events like

{mnesia_system_event,
             {mnesia_info,
                 "Table ~w is loaded on ~w. s=~w, r=~w, lc=~w, f=~w, m=~w~n",
                 [album,'c3@REDACTED',ram_copies,nowhere,false,false,false]}},

but it depends on the format of debugging message and even though this
message hasn't changed in the last 7 years, I'm a bit uneasy about it.
Do you have any better idea?