[erlang-questions] Off topic: Where to start reading about PDF?

bengt e cean.ebengt@REDACTED
Sun Feb 12 14:08:13 CET 2017

Greetings,

Not an Erlang question: I have an Erlang program that modifies a PDF file.
When it comes upon the following in a stream object:
BT 0.0001 Tc 50 0 0 50 0 0 Tm /TT2 1 Tf ([org_nr]) Tj ET

That is painted (correct PDF name?) in the PDF file like this:
[org_nr]

The program replaces(*) this with:
BT 0.0001 Tc 50 0 0 50 0 0 Tm /TT2 1 Tf (12345678) Tj ET

The new file paints this line in the same place:
2[]

Where [] is how I represent a single character that looks like a square.

Given the 800 pages of the PDF documentation I wonder if somebody has a
suggestion where to start reading about how to get at least 12345678
painted. Preferably more.

bengt
(*) it also takes care of compressing the stream, calculating new lengths,
updating xref table, startxref and trailer /Prev. All thanks to Joe's
erlpdf program