[erlang-questions] Why Erlang compiler don't check functions in module?

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Fri Feb 10 13:54:30 CET 2017

it is not really possible. The module may not exist in compile time at all,
it can be dynamically generated or downloaded from, say, remote http
server. Or it may exist but the app in runtime can generate another module
with the same name and load it instead of еру old one.
IDEs, such as Intellij IDEA with erlang plugin do generate warnings in
these case. But it is not the job for the compiler, as it would make hard
to compile apps with stop on warning compile option.