[erlang-questions] Could NIFs keep pointers to Erlang terms without copying them?

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Wed Feb 8 08:23:54 CET 2017

Modifying the way how garbage collect algorithm calculates the root set
will do what you want. Now the trick is that GC runs per process and nifs
are organized independently. There must be a way for a process to know
which nif holds something from its heap.