[erlang-questions] Debugging yecc grammars: what techniques are available?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Sun Feb 5 17:02:39 CET 2017

It can be pretty tricky to figure out what's wrong with a grammar, in
particular if the parser generator doesn't have support for emitting
various kinds of debug information. Here are some links that might help you:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Lex-YACC-HOWTO-7.html
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~pjj/cs211/ho/node7.html
http://dinosaur.compilertools.net/bison/bison_11.html

You might want to consider porting the grammar to Bison (which has better
debugging support) and use that instead for the development/debugging
phase, then port it back to yecc for the final implementation when done.

        /Richard