[erlang-questions] Erlang HTTP client libraries- pros/cons

Paul Oliver puzza007@REDACTED
Thu Aug 31 09:22:19 CEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 6:20 PM Taras Halturin <halturin@REDACTED> wrote:

> I think, Max means that you choose most expensive way to deal with it and
> it's not about efficiency of http handling but about efficiency of aim
> achieving :)

The most expensive way in terms of what? If not speed do you mean
development effort? Given that the aim is to use libcurl then the choice is
a port executable or some sort of NIF. When using a port executable I don't
have to worry about it crashing my VM and all I pay is the price of port
communications. If I use a NIF I have to concern myself with making sure my
NIF code and the code in libcurl doesn't crash my VM. That's a lot more
development time and risk.

Cheers,
Paul.