[erlang-questions] How safe is it to leave an open SSL port on the public internet?

code wiget codewiget95@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 20:03:46 CEST 2017

Also, Fred, I re-read your post and wanted to either start a quick discussion/warn you about elliptic curves. According to the NSA: "the growth of elliptic curve use has bumped up against the fact of continued progress in the research on quantum computing, which has made it clear that elliptic curve cryptography is not the long term solution many once hoped it would be.”

The NSA has deprecated ECC, whether or not that means that some foreign actor has a crack or if they are that worried about quantum computing is to be seen, but for now it seems like we should be moving away from ECC.