[erlang-questions] Improved IO polling in erts

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Tue Aug 29 20:11:20 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I've just opened up a new PR at github containing a solution to the
scalability problems that the current polling mechanism in erts has. You
can read more about it in the PR here:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/1552.

Our internal measurements have shown great potential, but creating
realistic benchmarks is very hard. I would therefore encourage as many as
possible to test and see how the changes proposed effects your
applications. Please come back with any findings/questions, be they good or
bad. As this is an essential part of many applications, we want to make the
new implementation as good as can be.

Lukas