[erlang-questions] List Question

Andrew McIntyre andrew@REDACTED
Wed Aug 9 02:09:58 CEST 2017

Hello Richard,

I think if you register with hl7.org you can get some for free.

There is an Australian localization here:

http://confluence.hl7australia.com/display/OO/Australian+Pathology+Messaging+-+Localisation+of+HL7+Version+2.4

Andrew

Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 10:02:37 AM, you wrote:

RAOK> On 9/08/17 11:40 AM, Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> I am involved in standards process and there is a blog post here for
>> anyone interested:
>>
>> https://kb.medical-objects.com.au/display/PUB/HL7v2+parsing

RAOK> Ah.  It turns out that I had misunderstood the function of the
RAOK> escape character.  I thought you would represent "~" as "\~"
RAOK> but in fact it's
RAOK>    \F\  |
RAOK>    \R\  ~
RAOK>    \S\   ^
RAOK>    \T\   &
RAOK>    \E\   \
RAOK>    \.br\ CR  -- isn't uniformity wonderful?
RAOK> plus a bunch of other "free text formatting commands"
RAOK> written as escape sequences (which may explain \.br\)
RAOK> but not described in that page.
RAOK> There is also encoding of non-ASCII characters using
RAOK> HTML escapes (exact set not specified in that page).

RAOK> So there are several rounds of processing:
RAOK>   - build tree using delimiters and ignoring escapes
RAOK>   - maybe process escapes
RAOK>   - maybe process HTML &#...; escapes
RAOK>   - maybe do something with formatting commands.
RAOK> and dealing with data types comes somewhere between
RAOK> the third and fourth rounds.

RAOK> How hard is it to get hold of the actual standard?
RAOK> (I can get Z39.50 for free...)

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                             mailto:andrew@REDACTED