[erlang-questions] Disable erlang crash dump generation

Manoj manojy@REDACTED
Wed Apr 26 07:58:00 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I'm running erlang in an embedded environment, and there 's a
requirement to maintain 15MB free memory

at any point of time. To ensure the same I need to disable the
generation of erlang crash dump file(erl_crash.dump)

file since it may grow in size. How can this be done??

I've tried the following options:

i. "+d" option when beginning to run the erlang node

ii. Set the value of the environment variable ERL_CRASH_DUMP to
"/dev/null"(tried this both when running the erlang application, and

also setting the environment variable explicitly after running the
application)

*PS: I'm running the my application on Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.0]*

--
Regards,

Manoj