[erlang-questions] CT: outputting lager debug messages

Luis Rascão luis.rascao@REDACTED
Wed Apr 12 17:32:34 CEST 2017

Maybe you're missing `lager:set_loglevel(lager_console_backend, debug).` ?

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Bjarne Wichmann Bagge Petersen <
bp@REDACTED> wrote:

> I have a little issue where I would like to output lager debug-messages
> when running common tests. But I can't get it to work.
>
> In `init_pr_suite` I have
>
> application:load(lager),
> application:set_env(lager, handlers, [{lager_console_backend, debug},
> {lager_common_test_backend, debug}]),
>
> And in the test-code I have this little snippet:
>
>     ct:log("ENV ~p", [application:get_all_env(lager)]),
>     lager:warning("Now you see me"),
>     lager:debug("Now you don't"),
>
> Which outputs:
>
> *** User 2017-04-08 07:36:42.089 ***
> ENV [{crash_log_count,5},
>      {crash_log_date,"$D0"},
>      {colored,false},
>      {crash_log_msg_size,65536},
>      {colors,[{debug,"\e[0;38m"},
>               {info,"\e[1;37m"},
>               {notice,"\e[1;36m"},
>               {warning,"\e[1;33m"},
>               {error,"\e[1;31m"},
>               {critical,"\e[1;35m"},
>               {alert,"\e[1;44m"},
>               {emergency,"\e[1;41m"}]},
>      {included_applications,[]},
>      {async_threshold,20},
>      {crash_log_size,10485760},
>      {error_logger_whitelist,[cth_readable_failonly]},
>      {error_logger_redirect,true},
>      {async_threshold_window,5},
>      {crash_log,"log/crash.log"},
>      {error_logger_hwm,50},
>      {handlers,[{lager_console_backend,debug},
>                 {lager_common_test_backend,debug}]}]
>
> *** User 2017-04-08 07:36:42.090 ***
> 07:36:42.089 [warning] Now you see me
>

> Missing the debug-line.
>
> So what am I missing? Is `lager_common_test_backend` the wrong flag? Or is
> CT muting debug-messages anyway?
>

> Best regards
>

> Bjarne Wichmann Bagge Petersen
>
> Backend Developer, ShopGun
>

> E: bp@REDACTED
> L: dk.linkedin.com/in/bjarnewp
> W: shopgun.com
> A: Arne Jacobsens Allé 16, Field's, 3rd floor, DK-2300 København S, Denmark
>
> ShopGun, your helping hand in shopping, is available at shopgun.com and
> as the ShopGun app <http://shopgun.com/app/download/>.
>
> This email is intended solely for the addressee and may contain
> confidential information and/or privileged confidential advice. If you
> receive this email by mistake, please do not read, print, transmit, store,
> or in any other way use the email or its attachments. Instead, please
> notify the addresser immediately and then permanently delete it. Thank you.

PGP fingerprint: F708 E141 AE8D 2D38 E1BC  DF3D 1719 3EA0 647D 7260