[erlang-questions] Lager's "console_backend" not working

Jakub Groncki jakub.groncki@REDACTED
Mon Apr 10 22:26:14 CEST 2017

Hi,
It's always good to look at the code:

is_new_style_console_available() ->
    %% Criteria:
    %% 1. If the user has specified '-noshell' on the command line,
    %%    then we will pretend that the new-style console is available.
    %%    If there is no shell at all, then we don't have to worry
    %%    about log events being blocked by the old-style shell.
    %% 2. Windows doesn't support the new shell, so all windows users
    %%    have is the oldshell.
    %% 3. If the user_drv process is registered, all is OK.
    %%    'user_drv' is a registered proc name used by the "new"
    %%    console driver.

[...]

try {is_new_style_console_available(), lager_util:config_to_mask(Level)} of
        {false, _} ->
            Msg = "Lager's console backend is incompatible with the 'old'
shell, not enabling it",