[erlang-questions] Deprecation and removal of the non-smp emulator

Ameretat Reith ameretat.reith@REDACTED
Mon Apr 3 16:49:23 CEST 2017

We used to run containerized non-SMP VMs and we were under that
impression it scales better, but I don't have numbers too. Since we
don't use dirty schedulers and software is more Erlang than Erlang
bounded to C, SMP looked unnecessary overkill for us, but If It's
planned that dirty scheduler spread to core applications -say crypto
module depend on it- I prefer non-SMP support dropped rather than my
software stuck in a random function.