[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Sep 29 01:39:35 CEST 2016

On 28/09/16 10:22 PM, Anthony Ramine wrote:

> So why do you hardwrap all your emails by hand to 50 columns? You are wasting my real screen estate. Do you hate me? :(

E-mail is not documentation.

As to why I do it, your unwrapped lines are truncated in my MUA.

> Syntax colouring of examples usually need JS because otherwise

the HTML markup to be downloaded becomes really heavy.

Syntax colouring is something we're better off without.

Why?  Because it makes *irrelevant* distinctions that are
already apparent in the text, at the price of reducing the
contrast, thereby making the code less readable.

If syntax colouring were easily controlled by the end-user,
that might be tolerable.