[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Wed Sep 28 11:19:09 CEST 2016

> I can only see one major difference: the function list for a module is
inline (elixir) instead of in the sidebar (erlang). Which one is best? I've
heard people arguing for both.

You can actually see the functions list in the sidebar too. However it is
not obvious you can click on "Functions" on the sidebar to get to the full
list of functions. I have already reported a bug so we fix this in the next
release!

As you said, some people prefer the inline listing, opposite to the
sidebar, because the inline includes a one-line summary about the function.
It works great when you are accessing a module for the first time and you
want to have an overall idea about what each function does.