[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation -- a modest proposal

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Tue Sep 27 14:59:19 CEST 2016

I can explain further.
This is a low hanging fruit, to produce RST (which is like Markdown but
better) from input files and feed it to a production grade documentation
tool (Sphinx is what used to build docs for Python and million smaller
projects http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/examples.html )

Using this RST it is able to produce static nice looking HTML with search
bar, cross references (to functions, to types, to chapters/sections etc),
code snippets, links, URL references and images, all that sort of thing
based only on RST input. Each page also contains link to Github page source
(does this ring a bell?) Along with HTML a PDF version can be produced.

This seems to cover many of Kenneth Lundin's concerns and requirements to a
better documentation.

Again, this is a low hanging fruit. Just produce RST from Edoc and see if
the team and community like it. I could possibly try and produce a POC.

tis 27 sep. 2016 kl 14:12 skrev Dmytro Lytovchenko <