[erlang-questions] Apology

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 09:07:41 CEST 2016

On 09/20/2016 06:38 AM, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:
> 4. Insufficient guidance on how to think through and design non-trivial Erlang programs.

This is the main problem with Erlang documentation. We have great
reference manuals. We have good user guides (between bad and great
depending on the application, but mostly good). We have virtually no
tutorials outside books.

I recommend reading this and fully understanding it when talking about
documentation: https://jacobian.org/writing/great-documentation/

In particular the first part, what to write, describes what is expected
from each and how they help.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu