[erlang-questions] Inets socket_type, what's ip_comm and how order IPvX sockets?

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 09:04:35 CEST 2016

Hi!

> I'm using tsung and it open a HTTP server to give me good things by inets
> API
> [1]  But it open just IPv6 sockets and TCP connections over IPv4
> connections
> will fail.  I looked into inets to find how it finds to open IPv4 or IPv6
> sockets and saw socket_type which defaults to ip_comm. [2]  What is this?

This is a legacy name. It does not imply ipv4 or ipv6 it implies not
SSL/TLS or
HTTP as opposed to  HTTPS.

There is an
*ipfamily option that you can set to get inet or inet6. *

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB

Is this