[erlang-questions] [ANN] PEST - Primitive Erlang Security Tool

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Oct 30 01:40:28 CEST 2016

People have asked in the past about security tools for Erlang (not just
in the recent thread
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2016-October/090704.html),
so I decided to create a basic security scanning tool as an escript at
https://github.com/okeuday/pest/#readme.  Please contribute by adding
security problems into the list (at
https://github.com/okeuday/pest/blob/3b63e573daa458c68f23a717a4c2168a2e430da3/pest.erl#L122-L185).

The tool was developed with Erlang/OTP 19.1, so you may run into
problems with Erlang/OTP versions < 18.x (and I haven't tested with
18.x, but if you find problems, please file an issue or send a pull
request).  The pest.erl escript is also sort of neat, since it can
function as an Erlang module, except for the first line ("#!...") which
is required by the shell's exec (a bug is filed about this at
https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-289).

Best Regards,
Michael