[erlang-questions] Parse transforms: signalling errors and warnings.

Alex Arnon alex.arnon@REDACTED
Sat Oct 29 11:46:37 CEST 2016

Hi All!

I am trying to build a simple parse transform, that makes a small
modification when a called function's name is of a certain form. I would
like to signal that an error has occurred (e.g. the name is malformed, or
arguments of wrong kind). How can I do this?
I have tried to insert {error, X}, with various types of X (including the
{Line, Module, Reason} form, which pacifies erl_lint at least), but
compilation with erlc keeps failing with:

    Compiler function compile:compile/3 returned:
    {error,undef}

Thanks in advance,
Alex.