[erlang-questions] Bundling C dependencies with a release

Gleb Vinogradov g.a.vinogradov@REDACTED
Tue Oct 25 16:54:59 CEST 2016

Hi Radu.

I don't bundle deps in release. I thing all dependencies should be handled
by system packet manager, so you never miss security updates.
for Debian:
I'm creating a *.deb packet for my application with all dependencies
listed. Then I simply install it with this command - 'dpkg -i release.deb
&& apt-get -f install'. If you want, you can create repository for your
application, add it to /etc/apt/sources.list, and install it via 'apt-get
install your_application'.
I'm pretty sure you can do similar thing for RH servers as well.

Best regards,
Gleb.