[erlang-questions] How to setup Erlang to run on physical cores

Dániel Szoboszlay dszoboszlay@REDACTED
Mon Oct 17 16:33:16 CEST 2016

Well, I tested, and it does work as long as you have 2 thread/core:

erl +sbt ts +SP 50:50
Erlang/OTP 17 Klarna-g48fc1a0 [erts-6.4.1.5] [source-48fc1a0] [64-bit]
[smp:2:2] [async-threads:10] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V6.4.1.5  (abort with ^G)
1> erlang:system_info(cpu_topology).
[{processor,[{core,[{thread,{logical,0}},
                    {thread,{logical,2}}]},
             {core,[{thread,{logical,1}},{thread,{logical,3}}]}]}]
2> erlang:system_info(scheduler_bindings).
{0,1}

I have 2 schedulers bound to logical cores 0 & 1, exactly as intended.