[erlang-questions] Reusing mnesia schema on different nodes

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Mon Oct 17 11:50:38 CEST 2016

Note that this "hack" will only work if you are using a single node system.

If you have several nodes you should take a backup, traverse and change the
nodename in that backup, install it on all nodes and restart all nodes from
backup. see mnesia install_fallback.

Or  you wipe the mnesia dir on the moved node, and use mnesia:change_config
to connect to the other nodes,
use mnesia:change_table_copy_type on schema to disc and use
mnesia:add_table_copy(Tab, ...) on the other tabs
you want a local copy.

Then you use mnesia:del_table_copy(schema, OldNameName) ..

/Dan