[erlang-questions] Can we use same mnesia schema on different nodes

ARUN P arunp@REDACTED
Thu Oct 13 12:55:15 CEST 2016

Hi,
     I have a hardware device, will call it SCC ( System Control Card )
on which an erlang application is running which uses mnesia as the
database. The hardware device is a distributed and portable one and its
IP address is dynamically generated based on some physical conditions.
ie, My system set up contains 10 Racks and each Rack has SCC connected
to it, and based on the Rack on which SCC is connected application will
dynamically generate the IP address ie; the IP address of SCC connected
on Rack -1 will be 10.1.1.1 and the erlang node name will be
SCC@REDACTED and the IP address of SCC connected on Rack -2 will be
10.1.1.2 the erlang node name will be SCC@REDACTED .

The problem domain is :

     In some situations i will be replacing SCC of Rack-1 to Rack-2 and
as soon as i replace , IP address of SCC will change to 10.1.1.2 and so
the erlang node. In this situation I am unable to access the data stored
in mnesia when the SCC was present in Rack-1 and this is because the on
Rack-2 application will create a new schema based on the new erlang node
name. But the prime objective of my system is data persistence, even
though I replace the device on any Rack, I should be able to access the
previously stored data. Can anybody kindly suggest me how to solve this
issue.

- All the tables and schema created are disc copy .

Thanks in advance,
Arun P