[erlang-questions] debugger in release mode

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Thu Oct 6 22:46:56 CEST 2016

On 6 October 2016 at 21:24, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 6 October 2016 at 15:17, Bastien Chamagne <bchamagne@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Hi guys, I know it might sound weird, but I'm working in release mode, (with
> > reltool) and I'd like to use the visual debugger.
> >
> > Is it possible to add it to the release? (I get an undef error when I try
> > debugger:start())
>
> I never tried, but it should work, since I added observer once and it
> also uses wxErlang for its interface.
>
> > ps: I use R15B03 if that matters.
>
> Have you tried adding the debugger application to your sys tuple?

Just tried and it works as expected. You can either add it to
    {sys, [{rel, "your_app", "1", [ ..., debugger, ... ]}]}
or
    {sys, [{app, debugger, [{incl_cond, include}] }] }
or
    your app's app file too, of course, and it will be detected.