[erlang-questions] socket getsockopt PACKET_STATISTICS

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Thu Oct 6 08:06:51 CEST 2016

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Will such platform specific patch to OTP be accepted, if I add to
> inet:getstat/1  something like drop_cnt response that will work only under
> linux?

As a rule we do not accept platform specific patches. There has to be a
very strong argument to go against that rule.

In cases like this (when you want to get something that is platform
specific on a socket) we recommend using the raw option that can be given
to inet:getopts/2. Or am I missing something and that is not applicable in
this case?

Lukas