[erlang-questions] Erlang SSL benchmark (ssl\p1_tls\fast_tls\etls)

Caragea Silviu silviu.cpp@REDACTED
Wed Nov 30 13:35:36 CET 2016

Hello,

After I saw the etls benchmarks from (https://github.com/kzemek/etls) I
started working on a small app to test those and try to keep all tunings
uniform.

Also I found this bug that makes etls benchmark not relevant for the
moment: https://github.com/kzemek/etls/issues/8

My project can be found here: https://github.com/silviucpp/tls_bench

I also included results for Erlang compiled with BoringSSL on OS X.
In case you can spot bugs please let me know.

The problem I have and I don't understand is why p1_tls and fast_tls from
process one has such bad performances on Linux. On OSX they works nice but
on Ubuntu I have no idea why they outperform. I saw that Erlang it's using
EVP_* which is hardware accelerated but also the API used by p1_tls and
fast_tls should be..

My conclusion so far is that Erlang SSL seems to perform pretty nice.

If you have any idea about my problem let me know !

Silviu