[erlang-questions] OTP / HiPE broken with GCC 6.2

Johannes Weißl jargon@REDACTED
Thu Nov 3 20:20:35 CET 2016

Hi Sverker,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 03:47PM +0100, Sverker Eriksson wrote:
> If this is x86_64 (amd64) then it looks like
> the beam was built without gcc's default small code model
> where "the program and its symbols must be linked
> in the lower 2 GB of the address space."

Thanks for the reply! Yes, all tested platforms were x86_64 (amd64). I
tried again with an OTP build compiled explicitly with
CFLAGS="-mcmodel=small" [1] (if this is what you meant), but the error
stays the same.

I haven't mentioned it in my report, I tested with OTP 19.1.5 and the
current master branch (2ccd860 yesterday and 214aba4 today).

Regards,
Johannes

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.2.0/gcc/x86-Options.html#x86-Options