[erlang-questions] Releases and Different OSs

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Wed May 18 13:15:03 CEST 2016

Forgot to add. Some openssl packages shipped with Centos are incompatible
with Erlang crypto app and the openssl needs to built as well from the
sources prior to linking it to ERTS.

So the process of building fully compatible ERTS in my case looks like this:

wget https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz
tar -xvzf openssl-1.0.0j.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.0j/
./config --prefix=/usr shared -fPIC
sudo make
sudo checkinstall

then Erlang (R16B03-1) is configured with

./configure --disable-dynamic-ssl-lib  --with-ssl=/usr/
--enable-smp-support  --without-termcap