[erlang-questions] Releases and Different OSs

Andrew Berman rexxe98@REDACTED
Wed May 18 02:42:14 CEST 2016

Hi List,

So today I tried to create a release using rebar3 from my Mac and deploy it
to a CentOS box.  Everything works when I do not include ERTS (and have
Erlang installed on the target), but if I do include ERTS, things fail
(can't run run_erl), I'm assuming because the Mac version of Erlang can't
be run on CentOS, which makes sense.  So, I wanted to know how people do
deployments of their Erlang releases.  Do you set up boxes with each OS
that matches your target OS and compile on there, including ERTS in the
release?  Do you not include ERTS and make sure that all your Erlang
installs are the exact same version?   Just trying to figure out a good
workflow.

Thanks for any advice!

Andrew