[erlang-questions] [ANN] erpc

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue May 17 23:41:16 CEST 2016

On 17 May 2016 at 22:31, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:

> nice! How does it compare to gen_rpc?

Thank you. Similar aims (i.e. remove the problems caused by native RPC
implementation).
- Tries to reduce the use of message passing.
- Supports pluggable transport protocols so that you can run erpc over TLS.
- SCTP support is on the roadmap.
- Supports load balancing across multiple nodes so the client doesn't need
to care about trying multiple nodes in case one of the server nodes is
down. Currently planning to add a consistent-hashing based load balancing
but haven't quite decided on an API yet.

> When you say "It supports multiple TCP/TLS  connections per host " does it
> means that we can multiple clients connected to the same node?

Yes, with different names. That way each application can have its own
dedicated connection(s) so that it doesn't suffer from sharing connections.
For a single named connection, you can also have multiple transport
connections. Also, connections are uni-directional so you have complete
control over traffic flows.

cheers,
Chandru