[erlang-questions] simple_one_for_one supervisor - what happens at restart? (also: gen_tcp)

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Sat May 14 18:32:39 CEST 2016

I trust your judgement on the need for separate processes :)

But complexity doesn't justify a _process_ - just a relatively more
complex function. If the real world entities being served map to
independent _threads of execution_ in time and space, process. If not,
consider not a process. I only underscore this because it's not
uncommon to see folks use processes (a runtime construct) used to
model abstract programming logic (a design time construct at best,
often simply an emotional/mental fancy). Not suggesting you fall into
that category, just a highlight ;)