[erlang-questions] Test errors with 18.3 on opensuse 13.1

Björn-Egil Dahlberg XB bjorn-egil.xb.dahlberg@REDACTED
Mon May 9 18:57:29 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-08 13:02, Roger Price wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2016, Roger Price wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 8 May 2016, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Roger Price <roger@REDACTED>
>>> wrote:
>>>       Are these failures due to the missing jinterface and odbc
>>> applications, or something else?
Nope, it's not related.

>>> As a first pass, they seem to be related to timing. If the machine
>>> is a virtual machine, it could perhaps be explained by that.
>>
>> The machine is physical, a Dell Precision 690 with 4 cpus and 32
>> Gbyte memory. Linux kernel version 3.12, gcc version 4.8.1.
>>
>> Maybe it's Dell 690 related.  I'll look for another machine to check.
>
> The same test errors occur on a Dell Precision T7500 with 12 cpus and
> 48 Gbyte memory running opensuse 13.1 Evergreen.
>
> smoke_test_SUITE boot_combo < > 35.838s FAILED
> {smoke_test_SUITE,chk_boot,153}
>  {badmatch,{error,timeout}}
- failed to start slave node in test.

> time_SUITE local_to_univ_utc < > 60.009s FAILED
> {time_SUITE,local_to_univ_utc,115}
>  suite_failed
- failed to start slave node in test.

> time_SUITE time_warp_modes < > 38.008s FAILED
> {time_SUITE,check_time_warp_mode,514}
>  {badmatch,{error,timeout}}
- failed to start slave node in test.

> heart_SUITE reboot < > 35.728s FAILED {heart_SUITE,start_check,106}
>  {badmatch,{error,timeout}}
- failed to start slave node in test.

All of the failures has the same cause, namely it cannot start a slave
node. This is probably due to some faulty network configuration.

Try starting two erlang nodes using -sname a, -sname b and then pinging
them, i.e:
(a@<your-host>)1> net_adm:ping(b@<your-host>).
pong

// Björn-Egil