[erlang-questions] Rhetorical structure of code: Anyone interested in collaborating?

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Thu May 5 01:51:16 CEST 2016

Hi all,

What a wonderful conversation with many tantalizing insights for a non-professional programmer.

I do wonder, though, about this massive erlide source corpus. Couldn't it possibly be factored down into a reasonable set of manageable components with explicit interfaces?

I can't help but think of the chip-design CAD  system Chuck Moore wrote in forth. Don't exactly recall it's size, but much much smaller than commercial system. Plus, Chuck has designed some amazingly performant chips on this system.

His secret: "Factor. Factor. Factor."

All the best,

LRP

Sent from my iPad