[erlang-questions] erlang in docker from scratch

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sun Mar 27 17:37:01 CEST 2016

On 03/27/2016 05:01 PM, Peter Morgan wrote:
> Much of the above is completely boilerplate, perhaps a erlang.mk “bootstrap-docker” makes sense? Or are people using other/better methods to package applications in Docker that I have missed?

I am totally open to that.

What would be great, would be to be able to build on top of the release
handling. If the project uses Docker, then "make" should build the
container and "make run" should run the container (instead of building
the release and running it). Does that make sense?

If we do that, then the only other important thing is the
bootstrap-docker target.

Looking at your code, it sounds like you would benefit greatly from
having Relx configuration built into the Makefile instead of as a
separate file. But that can come as a second step.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu