[erlang-questions] [ANN] Positive version 13.3.7

Sean Cribbs seancribbs@REDACTED
Fri Mar 25 16:04:38 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:20 PM, zxq9 <zxq9@REDACTED> wrote:

> EVERYONE! STOP EVERYTHING! SATIRE IS NOW "TOXIC"!

I'm reminded of this Molly Ivins' quote (
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/8534-there-are-two-kinds-of-humor-one-kind-that-makes
):

"There are two kinds of humor. One kind that makes us chuckle about our
foibles and our shared humanity -- like what Garrison Keillor does. The
other kind holds people up to public contempt and ridicule -- that's what I
do. Satire is traditionally the weapon of the powerless against the
powerful. I only aim at the powerful. When satire is aimed at the
powerless, it is not only cruel -- it's vulgar."

I'm sure Jesper intended it to be funny, but it just rubs salt in the wound
of something that was very embarrassing for the JS community, and makes
Erlangers look bad for doing so. All I'm suggesting is that we have some
compassion for a change.