[erlang-questions] A Question About Processes

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Mar 21 23:19:46 CET 2016

On 03/21/2016 10:35 PM, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
> My question is - how is the process with PID <0.33.0> spawned? I’ve only read about
> using the erlang:spawn() function call, but I guess there are other implicit ways of starting
> new processes. Any further clarification would be really helpful. Thank you!

This is the `shell' process: the process that runs the shell where you
type your commands.  In your example, rather than calling foo:bar() as
the first command, issue a self() call first and you notice the printed
PID and the PID that you get when you subsequently call foo:bar().