[erlang-questions] 回复: which one is more efficiency? ets or pattern match?

饕餮 249505968@REDACTED
Wed Mar 16 12:37:01 CET 2016

thank you for the advise~
The whole thing is that:
My team use the ets way before (load a csv file to ets).
And now we are thinking about to use erlang beam file to replace it(pattern match),because it's easy to hot code load.

But someone is afraid about the efficiency of pattern match.(because we are not very sure about the efficiency of pattern match,just heard that if the code is good, it will be a binary search).

And the keys in pattern match will be all the same type (all of it in the same file will be either number or atom, sometime maybe string).

If both way is very efficiency, we will choose the pattern match solution(translate the csv file to erlang file).
So if the efficiency still pretty good for the pattern match, if they are not strictly from 1..N (and it will always be ascending,like 1, 3,5,6,7...N, or one, two, three)?

thank you again~