[erlang-questions] Built-in io:format syntax for printing lists?

Fri Mar 11 14:51:18 CET 2016

This looks like common lisp. In CL, ~a is the "print anything" marker:

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw50/CLHS/Body/22_cda.htm

i.e., FORMAT control-strings use ~a for "Aesthetic" printing. Perhaps this
is messed up with the ~p and ~w Sean mentions.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Sean Cribbs <seancribbs@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure "~w" or "~p" is what you're looking for. I believe the
> former will prevent printing the list as a string.
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Andrew Pennebaker <
> andrew.pennebaker@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> Could Erlang please offer a builtin way to print lists, e.g. for
>> debugging purposes?
>>
>> Related: I swear there used to be "~a" for printing just about anything,
>> but it appears to have been removed, no?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Andrew

J.