[erlang-questions] How does Erlang schedule process?

Jung Kim jungkkr@REDACTED
Tue Mar 8 18:12:41 CET 2016

I am very new to Erlang, and just read that Erlang style process is done
with something similar to coroutine + preemptive scheduling[1]. So I am
interested to know how Erlang schedule process without the user inserting
code like coroutine.yield() in the function created. Is there any document
detail about this (I find some discussion like [2] but that doesn't give me
a clear blueprint)? Or which part of source code should I look into?

I appreciate any suggestions.

[1].
https://hamidreza-s.github.io/erlang/scheduling/real-time/preemptive/migration/2016/02/09/erlang-scheduler-details.html
[2]. http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2001-April/003132.html