[erlang-questions] -pidname( <atom> ) Was: Why we need a -module() attribute?

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Wed Mar 2 23:36:46 CET 2016

On 03 Mar 2016, at 12:17 AM, Éric Pailleau wrote:

> And for local pidname,  a simple put() can store the spawned Pid in parent process dictionary and retrieve with get().
>
> Le 2 mars 2016 11:12 PM, Éric Pailleau <eric.pailleau@REDACTED> a écrit :
> Hi,
> Could not this be solved by spawn_priv/x functions ? I mean functions that do same than spawn/x but spawned process accept only messages from parent process ?
> No need to change things in process registry then.
Good luck supporting/debugging the code that may register itself, but able to receive messages only from the process that spawned it.
Did April 1st arrived early this year?