[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 19.0 has been released

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Jun 22 17:25:07 CEST 2016

That's a very nice set of features and changes! This release is
impressive. Great job!

On 06/22/2016 12:18 PM, Kenneth Lundin wrote:
> Erlang/OTP 19.0 has been released
>
> Erlang/OTP 19.0 is a new major release with new features, quite a few
> (characteristics) improvements, as well as a few incompatibilities.
>
> Some highlights of the release are:
>
>   * *compiler, stdlib*:
>       o New preprocessor macros *?FUNCTION_NAME, ?FUNCTION_ARITY*
>       o New preprocessor directives -error(Term) and -warning(Term) to
>         cause a compilation error or warning, respectively.
>
>   * *gen_statem* a new state machine behavior
>   * *mnesia_ext*: plugin of external storage solutions to mnesia
>   * *crypto*: uses EVP interface in OpenSSL resulting in generally
>     better performance and support for HW acceleration
>   * *ssh*: performance improvements, uses the new gen_statem behavior
>   * *ssl*: enhanced error log messages
>   * *dialyzer*: the support for maps is very much extended both the type
>     specification syntax and the type analysis.
>   * *erts*:
>       o erlang:open_port(spawn, ...) 3-5 times faster
>       o tracing, extensive improvements (scalability, speed, match
>         specifications on send/receive, support for lttng, ...)
>       o dirty schedulers improved
>       o per process configurable handling of message_queue
>       o fast loading of multiple modules
>       o max_heap_size process flag
>   * *erts/kernel:*
>       o |Experimental support for Unix Domain Sockets
>         ||Example: ||gen_udp:open(0, [{ifaddr,{local,"/tmp/socket"}}])|||
>   * and much more ....
>
> You can find the Release Notes with more detailed info at
>
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_19.0.readme
>
> You find the source code at github.com <http://github.com/erlang> in the
> official Erlang repository.
>
> Git tag OTP-19.0
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/tree/OTP-19.0
>
> You can also read the documentation on-line here:
> (see the Release Notes mentioned above for release notes which
> are not updated in the doc, but the new functionality is)
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc
>
> We also want to thank all of you that have contributed with new
> features, bug-fixes, suggestions and bug reports.
>
> The Erlang/OTP Team at Ericsson

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu
Author of The Erlanger Playbook,
A book about software development using Erlang