[erlang-questions] Reproducible Erlang builds - still some time stamps (non-deterministic build)

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public12@REDACTED
Tue Jun 14 09:50:05 CEST 2016

Dear all,

At http://biobeat.org/report.html a diffoscope of two builds on GNU
Guix of Erlang 19.0-rc2 (made by leo). It turns out some files are
still different between builds. Some .script files contain time stamps
like:

    %% script generated at {2016,6,11}{19,5,37}

The snmp, otp_mips, os_mon, gs modules also injects time stamps.

And some beam files in cosNotification and cosProperty introduce
differences.

I think none of these modules is critical and we can safely purge
these modules from GNU Guix so it becomes deterministic (we only
accept deterministic software packages) for the time being. Do you
agree?

Pj.